Feb 27, 2015

BedTime Stories

just like all the girls in the world...the man of my dreams is my dad... but it is for real the man of my dreams is my dad...
my dad was the best story teller, I remember when sometimes he was away my mom takes the lead to tell me the bedtime stories but it wasn't interesting like dad's.
Mom's stories was all about fairy tales and prince charming, but dad's stories was all about history, I knew all the prophets stories from him, I knew all about how Baghdad was created, and all the civilizations of Iraq, and what was really great is that  when dad tell me a story then he takes me after that to see the historic places where the story took place at that time.
I still remember when he first took me to the Baghdadi museum how I was scared but in the same time amazed by the history and the main thing was all these stories are true... all what he was telling me about is true, also I was heart breaking in the same time because there is no real places for Mom's stories and I was really shocked that prince charming is not existing in real life or even there is no talking animals.
anyway, the idea is that I'm from a country full of history, and I lived my life with that history,because I just love the feeling when I see what my great great grandparents did, and how they changed the world because of their or our civilizations, and during the last 13 years I have witnessed how that history being destroyed, but today while I was seeing the videos and photos of destroying our legacy in Mosul, I started really thinking that I will not be able to tell bedtime stories on my Dad's way...yes I still memorizing all of them but I will not be able to proof that all these stories are real stories and maybe the new generations will think about these stories as a fairy tales, maybe the great king Ashor Panipal's story will be the next prince charming story...

that no one will believe in it anymore.      

No comments:

Post a Comment