May 20, 2014

Goodbye and good luck

once I asked my mom why some countries change their presidents, how these presidents accept this, how the people can live like this since Sadam was the one and the only at that time in Iraq the idea of elections was to say yes we wants Sadam for more years,my Mom smiled at me and said "this is democracy hun,you may not get it now but one day you will understand".
fifteen years later I understand that democracy have 2 meanings :
the first is creating change and give chances to everyone to represent the people which is lame idea, and the other is that having the same people leading the country to hell.
so here I am spent 13 years from my life in Sadam`s regime, 3 years in war, and 8 years and the next 4 years under Maliki`s regime.

Democracy means there is no such a thing called change, this will be my last words talking about a dream called IRAQ, this was a page in my life and I'm now looking forward to remove it from my life.

goodbye and good luck 

Noof 

from a strange place called Baghdad 



    

No comments:

Post a Comment